Austin Real Estate
Find the best properties in the Austin real estate market with Carl Shurr, your Austin real estate expert. Carl assists Buyers and Sellers throughout Central Austin, Lake Austin, Lake Travis, and the surrounding Hill Country. His experience, expertise, and dedication to his business mean results for you and the most outstanding customer service available.
Update on the Austin Real Estate Market
--November 2013, by Carl Shurr
During this time of year, I am thankful for my friends, family and clients who are at the heart of my business. Without your support and referrals, my business would not be where it is today. I'm also thankful to work for the #1 Best Place to Work in Austin and to live in the city with the fastest growing economy in the US.
While Austin's housing market continues to show strong demand, our diminishing inventory is at a critical level. Inventory of available homes is down to an all time low with only 2.5 month's supply, and vacant lots are a hot commodity as builders try to ramp up production to meet demand. In most areas, sellers can expect strong interest in their homes, and buyers should be prepared to compete for properties.
Are you ready to buy? This time of year there are fewer buyers to compete with. However, you will still need to get pre-approved before sellers will take your offer seriously. I can help you navigate this fast-paced, multiple offer market if you let me know what you're looking for. I have advanced access to many listings before they hit market, as well as Pocket Listings that are not in the MLS.
Are you ready to sell? It is a great time to sell in most areas so send me the details on your home, and I will prepare a comprehensive analysis of your home's value in today's market. I can also design a comprehensive marketing plan to get your home sold for top dollar. If you plan to sell your home this Spring, you will need to prepare for the market in January and February. I’d be happy to come by and advise you on staging and preparing your home to get top dollar this Spring.
I just completed my month-end analysis of the Austin real estate marketwhere I compared year-over-year October sales from the Austin Board of REALTORS®. Check out our detailed infographic to see a visual comparison of the housing market in Austin.
Austin Real Estate Market Snapshot
October 2012 vs October 2013
- $600,548,520 – Total dollar volume of single-family properties sold, 11 percent more than October 2012
- $217,000 – Median price for single-family homes, 9 percent more than October 2012
- 2,145 – Single-family homes sold, 9 percent more than October 2012
- 48 – Average number of days that single-family homes spent on the market, 20 days fewer than October 2012
- 2,559 – New single-family home listings on the market, 14 percent more than October 2012
- 5,540 – Active single-family home listings on the market, 12 percent fewer than October 2012
- 2,069 – Pending sales for single-family homes, 8 percent morethan October 2012
- 2.5 – Months of inventory of single-family homes, about 1 month less than October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to read my newsletter! I am always available to answer your questions about real estate. Please remember, I always appreciate your referrals.
Direct: (512) 944-5977